About 550 women, men and children participated, averaging 25 people per reforestation due to the physical distancing requirements in compliance with COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. This year, trays were used to grow seedlings in the nurseries, avoiding individual plastic bags for each tree. This is an ecologically friendly process that respects the three R’s of environmentally friendly practices: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Inside this issue:
- Alternare updates and 2021 Reforestation
- Zitácuaro Festival Commemorating Monarch Arrival
- Monarch Network Website is Now in English!
- Beyond the Mexico Book Project
- Monarch Fund Documentary
- Assisted Migration – Thinking of the Future
- Monitoring Restoration of Illegally Logged Area
- Monitoring Monarchs in the West
- Lincoln P. Brower Awards
- Monarch Butterfly Flight Challenge Update
Download the full PDF to read more.